Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program for Female Leaders in STEM Discipline, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Mathematics, Engineering, Science taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2
Scholars Program, an award to support women pursuing research in STEM2
D. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2
D leaders and feed the STEM2
D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2
D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, and Design.
Scholarships are available to pursue research.
Scholarships are awarded in STEM discipline: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, and Design.
The Scholars Award is a 3-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the J&J Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds. The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of US $50,000 per year over the 3-year award period, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
Number of Scholarships:
The awards will fund one woman per discipline. Applications are limited; each University and/or Academic Institute can support and recommend one applicant per each STEM2D discipline. Therefore, each University and/or Academic Institute can support a total of 6 applicant submissions (one for Science, one for Technology, one for Engineering, etc.)
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Design (STEM2D).
- You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; MD, PhD
- Technology; PhD
- Engineering; PhD
- Math; MS, PhD
- Manufacturing; PhD
- Design; MA, MS, MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, PhD
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Application Phase 1
In addition to general contact details and demographics, the scholar applicant is responsible for the provision of documents into the Fluid Review system, including non-confidential letters of recommendation.
- Submit a department head letter of recommendation (One applicant per university per letter of STEM2D) .
- Write 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research.
- Create and submit a one-minute digital video describing, as simply as possible, the impact of the research on your area of STEM2D and your own personal impact as a potential future leader in STEM2D.
- Submit PDF files of three selected publications or pieces of the portfolio that represent your most important contributions with a focus on the most recent five years.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Brief outline of budget for proposed research
Application Phase 2
- Present a five-minute summary of the proposed research and societal impact in a digital video.
Scholarship deadline is October 31, 2017.