Kayoko Tsuda Scholarships (Japanese Studies), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .The Japan Research Centre (JRC)
is pleased to invite applications to the bursary created through the generosity of Ms Kayoko Tsuda
One is offered to the value of £7,000 (untaxed), and will be paid in three instalments: £3,000 at the beginning of Term 1, £3,000 at the beginning of Term 2, and £1,000 once the applicant’s supervisor informs the Chair of the JRC that the thesis is complete (in the event on non-completion during tenure of the Bursary, this final payment will be withheld).
- PhD degrees at SOAS involving any aspect of Japanese Studies
- Applicants may be of any nationality and in need of the bursary to fund completion of their thesis.
- The bursary is for full-time or part-time PhD students who will submit the thesis before the end of the academic session 2013/14. It is expected that the student who gets awarded this bursary will be enrolled on Extension of Writing up (continuation) status during the academic session 2013/14. Students on Extension of Writing-up status are required to submit the thesis for examination within a maximum of three terms or within the students prescribed SOAS deadline (whichever is sooner).
- Those working on any aspect of Japanese studies are eligible.
- Candidates will be assessed based on a combination of financial need and academic merit.
- Selection will be made by the Steering Committee of the JRC.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Submit a high resolution personal photo and introductory paragraph about their research (about 200 words) in June 2013 which may be published on the JRC web page.
- Give a JRC seminar in the week following the Annual Tsuda Lecture (normally the 7th week of Term 2);
- Submit a final report in May 2014 (about 300 words) which will be published in the ‘JRC Annual Review’ and on the JRC web page.
Notification of Results
- Complete scholarship applications must be received no later than Friday, 24 May 2013.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All candidates will be notified by email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by mid-July. The successful candidate will also be notified by letter. If you have not heard by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application form is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from:
The Scholarships Officer Registry SOAS Thornhaugh Street Russell Square London WC1H 0XG UK
: [email protected] Telephone
: (+44) 020 7074 5094/509
For more information, please visit official website
Kayoko Tsuda Scholarships (Japanese Studies), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK is available to undertake level programs at .