KU Leuven Research Grants in Belgium 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
KU Leuven offers travel research grants for a research visit to Belgium. Funding is available for research stays at KU Leuven with a maximum duration of 90 days with the aim of specializing in a certain research field, preparing a publication or participating in a training programme in the context of university development cooperation. Applicants should have obtained their PhD at least three years prior to applying. Priority will be given to applicants under the age of fifty. The application deadline is 1 October 2015.
Catholic University of Leuven (KU Leuven) in Belgium.
Grants are awarded with the aim of specializing in a certain research field, preparing a publication or participating in a training programme in the context of university development cooperation.
Grants are available for a research visit to Belgium.
To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant must be
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD at least three years prior to applying.
- Applicants should originate from one of the Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- Applicants should be employed by an institution located in one of the countries mentioned above.
- Applicants should be invited and supported by a KU Leuven supervisor who is a senior staff member (ZAP).
- Priority will be given to applicants under the age of fifty.
open for students from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries (Afgh
anistan, Kenya, Armenia, Angola, Korea, Dem. Rep., Belize, Bangladesh, Kyrgyz Rep., Bolivia, Benin, Tajikistan, Cameroon, Bhutan, Zimbabwe, Cape Verde, Burkina Faso, Congo, Rep., Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Cambodia, Egypt, Central African Rep., El Salvador, Chad, Fiji, Comoros, Georgia, Congo, Dem. Rep., Ghana, Djibouti, Guatemala, Equa
torial Guinea, Guyana, Eritrea, Honduras, Ethiopia, India, Cuba, Gambia, Indonesia, Guinea, Iraq, Guinea-Bissau, Kosovo1, Haiti, Marshall Islands, Kiribati, Micronesia, Federated States, Laos, Moldova, Lesotho, Mongolia, Liberia, Morocco, Madagascar, Nicaragua, Malawi, Nigeria, Mali, Pakistan, Mauritania, Papua New Guinea, Mozambique, Paraguay, Myanmar, Philippines, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Niger, Swaziland, Rwanda, Syria, Samoa, Tokelau, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tonga, Senegal, Turkmenistan, Sierra Leone, Ukraine, Solomon Islands, Uzbekistan, Somalia, Vietnam, South Sudan, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen and Zambia).
What does it cover:
- a monthly allowance of € 1,500
- a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
- Insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
-the formal application requirements
-the applicant’s quality
-the development relevance of the proposal
-a well-balanced distribution of the available grants across all nationalities and KU Leuven faculties involved.
Application Procedure: A
pplications should be submitted by email. Additionally will have to send the following documents:
- a copy of their doctoral degree certificate
- an invitation letter from their KU Leuven supervisor
- their CV
- a copy of their passport.
The application deadline is 1 October 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application