La Unidad Latina/Mpowering Estudiantes Latinoamericanos (Lulmel) Scholarship in USA is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Undergraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at MPOWER Financing . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation is glad to announce La Unidad Latina/Mpowering Estudiantes Latinoamericanos (Lulmel) Scholarship. The scholarship is open for those international students who are at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
One $3,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships awarded to students from Latin America who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time at an MPOWER Partner University in the United States. MPOWER’s mission is to support international students and their career aspirations.
Scholarship Provider: MPOWER Financing is a Public Benefit Corporation whose stated mission is to reduce the financial barriers to international education. They are not just a just a student lender – their goal is to set students up for academic, professional, and financial successes.
Degree Level: The scholarship is open for degree level programs.
Available Subject: The scholarships are available for undergraduate programs.
Scholarship Benefits: $3,000
Eligible Nationalities: International students from Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela are invited to apply.
Entrance Requirements: The student must have one of the following immigration statuses:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study in any major
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Be enrolled or accepted to study full-time at one of MPOWER’s partner universities in the United States for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and/or for a graduate degree program
- Be an international student on an F-1 visa or a Green Card holder (permanent resident)
- Be a citizen of any country in Latin America
LULF and MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s written essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English;
- The applicant’s proven engagement and effectiveness in creating opportunity, improving quality of life, and/or advocating for and empowering marginalized communities in his or her home country and/or within the U.S. Latino community;
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a leader and advocate in his/her home country or among the U.S. Latino community.
Students will need to submit scholarship application through the given link: https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/scholarships/#scholarship1
Deadline: April 15, 2019