Lambert Initiative Supplementary Scholarships at University of Sydney in Australia, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Electrophysiology, Human psychopharmacology taught at University of Sydney . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Sydney is delighted to offer Lambert Initiative supplementary PhD Scholarships to study in Australia. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious and enthusiastic graduate students to contribute to a fast-paced program of research that will have a major societal impact.
The University of Sydney Fellowships aims to attract outstanding early career researchers to the university to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university.
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of its most prestigious, ranked as the world’s 27th most reputable university.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
University is looking to support a wide range of first-year PhD projects that involve the development and evaluation of cannabis-based treatments across the following areas:
- Preclinical and/or clinical
- Medicinal and/or analytical chemistry
- High throughput screening
- Animal and cellular models of disease
- Human psychopharmacology
- Drug policy
- Clinical trials
Successful students will be supervised by the Academic and/or Associate Directors of the Lambert Initiative or their specialist collaborators.
The scholarship will provide an annual stipend of $10,000 per annum (fixed rate) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. A six-month extension is possible.
Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the scholarship will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship excluding the potential extension period.
The scholarship is not deferrable or transferable to another area of research. No other amount is payable.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The scholarship is open to applicants with an unconditional full-time offer to study for a PhD in cannabinoid research within the Brain and Mind Centre at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must have an honours or master’s degree in medicine, pharmacy or science and demonstrate an interest in cannabinoid research. Applicants should also have preclinical or clinical research experience.
- Applicants must also be the recipient of a primary scholarship from the University of Sydney that will provide a stipend allowance.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply:
To submit an expression of interest, please contact Associate Professor Jonathon Arnold (Associate Director of the Lambert Initiative). Please ensure you provide the following documents combined into a single PDF to upload with your application:
- curriculum vitae
- evidence of preclinical or clinical research
- evidence of your RTP Stipend or equivalent scholarship
Applications are ongoing.