Lister Research Prize Fellowship in UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Lister Research Prize Fellowship
, The Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine is offering research prize fellowship for both scientifically and clinically trained applicants. The research undertaken may be in any area of bio medical research. The bulk of the research must be conducted in the UK or Republic of Ireland, but research with some overseas’ studies is acceptable, and awards are transferable between institutions. Research can be in any area of biomedical research. Applicants may be scientifically or medically trained and will have their personal salary provided from either their host institution or another source such as a Fellowship. The application deadline is 4 December 2015.
The Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine in UK
The research undertaken may be in any area of bio medical research.
Fellowships are available to undertake research in a not-for-profit organization in the UK and Republic of Ireland (eg University, Charity-funded research institute or Research Council institution).
The Lister Institute seeks diversity amongst its Prize –winners – there is no stereotype for the ideal candidate but there are some eligibility criteria:
- Research training – the Lister Prize Fellowships are open to both scientifically and clinically trained applicants.
- Research Area – the research undertaken may be in any area of biomedical research in its broadest context.
- Research experience – every applicant should have a minimum of three and less than ten years’ post-doctoral experience by 1 October 2015. Post-doctoral experience will be taken from the date that a PhD or MD is awarded or the earlier if the candidate holds both degrees. Allowance will be made for ‘time-out’ from research such as for maternity leave or full-time clinical training, in addition the Institute will consider other personal circumstances that may have limited research time or might in the future. Details may be provided on the form or advice sought from the Institute’s Administrator before application.
- Location – the Lister Institute will fund research in the UK and the Republic of Ireland provided that it is undertaken in a not-for-profit organization such as (but not exclusively) a University, Research Council Unit or Charity-funded Institute.
- Employment – the Lister Prize Fellowship funding must not be used to provide or augment the applicant’s salary. Therefore, regardless of nationality the applicant must be employed by a UK or Republic of Ireland not-for-profit organization and have guaranteed funding for the first three years of the Lister award. Since the Lister Prize Fellowship does not provide a personal salary the holders of Fellowships from other organizations are, of course, eligible to apply.
Candidates of any nationality employed by a UK or Republic of Ireland not-for-profit organization can apply for these prize fellowships.
What does it cover:
Total offer is of £200,000 (or equivalent euros) which may be used in any appropriate way to support the holder’s research, other than the provision or augmentation of personal salary, over a period of up to five years.
The Prize Fellowships are intended to provide funding which will enhance or expand an on-going research activity or enable a new area to be developed and, as said above, would have a high impact for the recipient – they are not project grants! The perceived beneficial ‘impact’ of the Prize on the recipient and their career will be a key factor in the selection process.
Candidates should be aware that interviews for the short-listed candidates will take place in London on Wednesday 18th May 2016.
The mode of applying is by post and electronically. If experiments on animals, for which a Home Office Licence is required, form part of the research proposal, please confirm that the relevant project licence is already available. (If not a copy must be submitted to the Institute before that work is undertaken if a Research Prize is awarded).
- If supported by a Fellowship, Programme grant or other award that terminates during the first three years of the Lister award, then the application must be accompanied by a letter from the Head of Department or Finance Office guaranteeing financial or bridging support for the remainder of the first three years.
(All enclosures must be in clear text [not less than 12pt print size], with all margins not less than 3cm wide.)
- The signed original form and thirteen complete copies (Parts 1-7) should be sent via Royal Mail and returned by Friday 4th December 2015.
- A copy of the Application form Parts 1-4 only, and 7 a, b and c (summary, research proposal and CV) should be e-mailed to the Institute in PDF format.
The last date of submission of application is 4 December 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in UK