LKAS PhD Scholarships for UK/EU and International Applicants at University of Glasgow in UK, 2017/ 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Glasgow . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Glasgow is pleased to offer up to 10 Lord Kelvin/Adam Smith PhD Scholarships to study in the UK. These scholarships are open to home, EU and international students.
This year the university is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the University of Glasgow’s flagship Lord Kelvin Adam Smith (LKAS) PhD Scholarships. To date 100 fully funded interdisciplinary PhD projects have been created.
The LKAS PhD Scholarships offer the opportunity for outstanding research students to participate in some of the most exciting areas of interdisciplinary research carried out at the University.
If English is not student’s first language, they will be required to provide a language test before they can start their studies.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
This year priority will be given to projects which align with the ‘Challenge Areas’ of the Global Challenges Research Fund or strategic goals of the University.
Each project will be funded up to 4 years and will cover a stipend at the Research Council recommended rates (estimated to be £14,254 in 2016/17). Each scholarship includes an annual consumables allowance of £3000 to contribute towards the running of the project, student travel and conference attendance. The Host College shall waive the student’s tuition fee in full whether this is at the Home/EU or International rate.
Scholarship can be taken in the
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The scholarship award is offered to a candidate subject to the candidate meeting all the conditions required by the University for admission to doctoral study. Project leads should consider whether their selected candidate meets the entry requirements for their subject area. It may be necessary for the student to be hosted in the subject area of another member of the supervisory team. This may result in the scholarship being administered by another College.
- The scholarship is intended to support candidates of the highest calibre and as such may be offered to residents of any country provided that the candidate can obtain leave to remain in the UK for the purposes of the full-time study.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for PhD study only, and cannot be used to support a Masters year followed by PhD study. A candidate should undertake any required research training during the first year of their PhD. The scholarship is intended to support candidates who have not previously undertaken study at a doctoral level and as such cannot be awarded to a candidate already in possession of a Doctoral degree or equivalent.
- The scholarship is intended to support the full-time study, based at the University of Glasgow campuses, notwithstanding any periods of study away from the campus as authorised by the relevant Graduate School.
- If a student does not accept the scholarship offer it will be offered to the next project/candidate on the shortlist subject to approval by the PGR Service. If a candidate withdraws within the first 3 months of the scholarship it will be at the discretion of the PGR Service whether the scholarship will be offered to another candidate.
UK/EU and International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The scholarship is intended to support candidates of the highest calibre and as such may be offered to residents of any country provided that the candidate can obtain leave to remain in the UK for the purposes of the full-time study.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have evidence of English language proficiency if relevant.
How to Apply:
Submit Project Proposal Form in PDF format to the Graduate School of the Lead Supervisor, using the file name ‘College, Lead Supervisor Surname, Abbreviated Title.pdf’:
- Arts – Adeline.Callander-at-glasgow.ac.uk
- MVLS – mvls-gradschool-at-glasgow.ac.uk
- Science & Engineering – scieng-gradschool-at-glasgow.ac.uk
- Social Sciences – socsci-gradschool-at-glasgow.ac.uk.
Scholarship application deadline is 14th November 2016 for 2017 year.