Master Scholarships, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Transport the World – Masters Scholarship 2013/14
The Institute for Transport Studies
is offering a fees scholarship, to provide a unique opportunity to an international student of outstanding ability, achievement and potential.
The scholarship will provide 50% of the fees for an international student to undertake a Masters degree programme at ITS, on a one year full-time basis. The scholarship forms part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of transport globally via thedevelopment of skills and best practice. It is anticipated that the scholarship recipient will return to their home country after the Masters programme, to apply their new skills to an area of identified need.
Value of the scholarship
- Applicants must hold, or expect to obtain, a bachelors degree equivalent to a UK first class or upper second class honours.
- Applicants must hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place for an ITS Masters degree for the academic year commencing September 2013.
- Applicants must be designated as ‘international fee status’ by the University of Leeds, and not be domiciled in a European Union member country.
The scholarship is a 50% fees waiver for the 2013-14 academic year, to the value of £7500.
To apply for the scholarship applicants must:
Terms and conditions
- Complete and submit the relevant scholarship application form, to include:
- a statement of up to 500 words which details how and why a Masters degree from ITS would enable the applicant make a difference to transportation in their country/region, and specifically to tackle a significant problem or issue;
- evidence of the applicant’s outstanding ability, achievement and potential;
- an outline of the applicant’s career aspirations.
- details of their funding situation, including existing funds which are available to them, scholarship applications where the outcome is known or awaited, and other funding sources being explored.
- Provide a supporting statement from a referee.the scholarship referee should be additional to the academic referees.
Preference will be given to applicants who would otherwise be precluded from undertaking a Masters programme; ITS reserves the right not to make a scholarship award or to offer a fee waiver at a lower amount; the scholarship recipient will be expected support the future development and promotion of the scholarship and ITS, by participating in ITS marketingactivities; the academic progress of scholarship recipient will be subject to on-going review – ITS reserves the right to withdraw funding at the end of either semester should academic performance be unsatisfactory; the scholarship cannot be deferred and will lapse if not taken up in September 2013.
Early application is encouraged and the deadline for application in full is 13th June 2013
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email in July.
For more information, please visit official website
Master Scholarships, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, UK is available to undertake level programs at .