Masters Agriculture Economic Scholarships in Germany at University of Hohenheim 2023 Without IELTS is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Agricultural Economics taught at University of Hohenheim . The deadline of the scholarship is December 15.
In collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), a limited number of scholarships are available for MSc. Agricultural Economics at the University of Hohenheim under the special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS). For up-to-date requirements and application procedures, please refer to their official webpage.
Through the EPOS scholarships, the DAAD supports excellent candidates from developing countries who have a strong academic and professional background.
Scholarship recipients typically have work experience in a public authority, state institution and/or a private company in a developing country, and therefore they will have been engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies relating to technology, economics and/or social impact.
DAAD EPOS scholarship recipients will have their tuition fees waived for the 2 years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program, and they will receive health insurance, a monthly living stipend, travel costs to Germany and back as well as for research (see EPOS webpage for details and extras). Furthermore, an integral part of the DAAD EPOS initiative is an intensive German language course from August to September at a language center in Germany, prior to starting the Master’s program.
Masters Agriculture Economic Scholarships in Germany at University of Hohenheim 2023 Without IELTS is available to undertake Masters level programs at University of Hohenheim.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
The applicants that will win this scholarship at the University of Hohenheim will have their tuition fees waived for the two years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program, and they will receive health insurance, a monthly living stipend, and travel costs to Germany and back as well as for research.
Scholarship applicants must fulfill both the DAAD EPOS requirements AND the admission criteria for the AgEcon program.
Selection Criteria for DAAD EPOS Scholarship
This is a highly competitive application process with strict requirements. For applicants to be considered, they must at least fulfill the following baseline requirements:
- Citizen of a developing country
- Minimum 2 years professional experience post Bachelor’s, prior to the date of applying
Note that employment in academia, like teaching and research at a university or research institute, is not considered relevant work experience for this initiative; only in very exceptional cases can it be accepted.
- Academic degrees should be less than 6 years old
- Development-related motivations and intentions
- Must not have resided in Germany for longer than 15 months by the application deadline
Selection Criteria for MSc. Agricultural Economics
Scholarship applicants must also fulfill the basic requirements for the Master’s program:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject with above-average results
- Official proof English proficiency as detailed in the admission regulations (see below)
eg. IELTS academic (overall Band 6.5), TOEFL ibt (90).
Note: A language proficiency certificate from your university is NOT SUFFICIENT!
Even if you have studied in English during your entire university career (as e.g. in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, etc. …) you have to present the result of an official English test!
There are no exceptions.
- Proof of undergraduate courses in statistics and economics
- Proof of self-evaluation through the AgEcon PreTest
Detailed admission regulations are available for download: official (in German); for reference (in English).
Applications for the DAAD EPOS scholarship for MSc. Agricultural Economics consist of two parts:
emailing the DAAD forms and supporting documents to [email protected]; and submitting an application for admission for the “AgEcon” program through the University of Hohenheim’s online application portal HohCampus.
Required Documents for Scholarship Applications
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages), physically signed and dated
- Employer Recommendation from current employer, on official letterhead, including information on the position and the contact details of the referee, signed and dated
- Certificate(s) of Employment from employer(s) that prove you are currently employed and have the minimum requirement of two years of relevant employment (between completion of your Bachelor’s degree and the application deadline).
- Proof of English proficiency, as described above
- Diploma & Transcript of Records copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- University Entrance Qualification (UEQ) (secondary school leaving certificate) copies in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language)
- Ranking Letter if additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average
- APS Certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle) for applicants from the China and Vietnam.