Melbourne International Research Scholarships, Australia 2014 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne. MIRSs are funded by the University with each faculty having a limited number to award.
Each year the University offers about 200 new Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRSs), of which about 150 are normally awarded to international students as MIRSs.
Benefits and conditions
Benefits provided by the MIRS include:
- a living allowance of $24,653 per annum (2013 rate)
- a Relocation Grant of $2,000 awarded to students who are moving from interstate in order to study at the University of Melbourne or $3,000 awarded to those who are moving from overseas
- a Thesis Allowance of up to $420 (2013 rate) for masters by research and up to $840 (2013 rate) for PhD and other doctorate by research candidates, and
- paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
Please click on the following link for the conditions relating to the MIRS, which includes information about duration of awards; commencement requirements etc.
To be considered for a MIRS, applicants need to apply for scholarship and candidature in a graduate research degree course (eg. masters by research, PhD or other research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne. Please click on the following link for further information concerning the eligibility criteria.
Both commencing and currently enrolled international research higher degree students may apply.
Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit. Scholarship assessment guidelines, tips for applicants and other funding opportunities may be found on the Scholarships Resources webpage.
Please refer to the How to Apply section of the Graduate Research Scholarships website.
Applicants will be advised via email as soon as an outcome to their scholarship application is determined.
Application and selection timelines
MIRS applicants who submit their complete application for admission and scholarship by
- 31 October 2013 will receive a RHD scholarship outcome before 15 February 2014
- 31 May 2014 will receive a RHD scholarship outcome before 31 July 2014
Please refer to the application and selection timelines for international applicants.
For further information
Please contact Melbourne Scholarships.