MEXICO TWAS-CONACYT Fellowships for Developing Nations is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
MEXICO TWAS-CONACYT Fellowships for Developing Nations
TWAS and CONACYT are inviting applications for TWAS-CONACYT postdoctoral fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences. Fellowships cover standard monthly allowance (living costs, such as accommodation and food) and a fixed amount for mandatory health insurance coverage. The application deadline is 15th September 2014.
- Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics).
- Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research level.
- The National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT), Mexico City, Mexico, and TWAS offer fellowships for scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in the natural sciences.
- TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research centers and institutions of higher education and research in Mexico recognized by CONACYT, for a minimum period of six to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Mexico) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences and related fields.
How to Apply:
-The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September 2014.
-Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an eligible Mexican host institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
-Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: CONACYT/PDoc/the candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
-Applicants to the TWAS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application only to TWAS.
-Applicants should be aware that they may apply for only one TWAS fellowship per year.
-Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
Eligibility: Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
-Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
-Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
-Be nationals of a developing country (other than Mexico);
-Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Mexico or any developed country;
-Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Mexico) and hold a research assignment there;
-Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the Mexican institution recognized by CONACYT (see sample Acceptance Letter, page 5). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to CONACYT; a sample Acceptance Letter is included in the application form which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the page.
-Prove knowledge of Spanish or provide a certificate of proficiency in English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
- Citizens of developing countries (other than Mexico): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
The application deadline is 15 September 2014.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application