MSc Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School is open for . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
MSc Scholarships at BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is inviting applications for Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are available for the new 1st-year master of Science students.
BI Norwegian Business School is an independent, not-for-profit foundation whose sole focus is education and research. Any profit will be used to strengthen BI’s research and learning environment in accordance with the objectives of the school.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
- Scholarships are available for pursuing Master of Science (MSc) at BI Norwegian Business School.
- Scholarships are awarded in the field of Business, Strategic Marketing Management, Leadership and Organisational Psychology, Finance, Accounting and Auditing.
- A maximum of two students will receive this scholarship each year, and the size of the scholarship is NOK 75.000,- per semester per student. The scholarship will be administered by BI who is also responsible for the academic follow-up of the recipients.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must apply for admission to the programme he/she is qualified for, and in addition apply for the scholarship. All candidates must act according to valid admission criteria and application deadlines.
- Candidates that may apply are applicants for Master of Science (MSc) at BI Norwegian Business School.
- A committee consisting of representatives from A. Wilhelmsen Foundation and BI Norwegian Business School will carry out the selection of scholarship recipients. The final decision can
- not be appealed.
Residents of countries outside Norway. Wilhelmsen has the Baltic region, Russia, Portugal and the Caribbean as main activity areas. Candidates from these regions are especially encouraged to apply.
A complete undergraduate bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning (min. three years) in Business (Administration), Management, Economics, Marketing, Finance and/or subject relevant to the chosen area of specialization.
A good GMAT or GRE score is required for applicants. The minimum test score required for admission is:
English Language Requirement:
- GMAT – a total score of 600
- GRE – a score of 152 on the quantitative reasoning section and 158 on the verbal section
Applicants must take either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum standards for test scores acceptable for admission are:
Exemptions are made for applicants:
- TOEFL – a total score of 575 points for the written test or 233 for the computer-based version or 90 points on the internet-based test
- IELTS – a score of 6.5
- Whose native language is English
- Who have two years or more of higher education where the language of instruction was English
- From a country which is a member of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes and has English as the first foreign language taken over a period of at least 7 years in primary school, secondary school and upper secondary education
- Under certain circumstances, applicants may request a waiver for the TOEFL or IELTS when applying for admission. To request a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, the applicant must submit a waiver form.
All applicants must write a scholarship application letter for this specific scholarship. The letter should be maximum 1 page and supplement the programme application. Applicants are advised to include their goals and motivations for studying at BI, career ambitions, and how they feel that they can contribute to the programme and study environment. It is also important to include information regarding family and economic situations, and explain why they feel the scholarship is necessary for them to fulfil their ambitions. For applying to the university applicants must submit an online application and submit the following documents
- Official university/college transcripts and diplomas
- A GMAT/GRE/CAT test score
- A TOEFL/IELTS test score
- A one-page application essay (motivation letter) in English.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A financial plan. All international applicants must submit a personal financial plan. The financial plan is a general overview of how you intend to finance your degree and living expenses. Please click on the link to download the financial plan template.
- A copy of the identification page in passport (does not apply if you are a Norwegian citizen).
The application deadline is 1st March 2017.