NABA Interior Design Competition for International Students in Italy, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at NABA International Academy . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The competition is open to young designers coming from architecture, interior design, and engineering faculties or professionals willing to explore the boundaries and constraints of the world of interior design, acquiring and widening their knowledge, critical awareness, original thinking.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2016/17 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
Over recent years, interiors have come to play an increasingly important role in the world in which we live. In fact, interior design should be viewed these days from a different perspective. Interior spaces are to be conceived as constructed substances, whose penetration no longer means entering into an empty space, but being part of a complex body. Interior design embeds itself in history, nestling in the interstices between objects, creating situations. In addition to being shaped in accordance with their function, interior spaces reflect the needs of aesthetic representation, of visual communication and of evolving dynamic cultural requirements. The organization of interior spaces speaks volumes, revealing their reason for being through a complex system of shapes, atmospheres, references and symbols.
Competition participants are expected to submit no more than three A3 sketches and a short text written in English. The materials are to be provided in a digital format (pdf file, max 10 Mb). Entrants are free to choose the scale of reference for their designs but should specify what scale has been used. When illustrating designs, particular importance should be given to the visual and scenic representation of the interior space (3d models, perspective views and sections, rendering, etc.).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- • Personal portfolio of works and projects
- • Detailed curriculum vitae
- • Motivation statement
- • Copy of Degree Certificate
- • Academic Transcripts
• NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2017/2018*
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Design – Interior Design starting in September 2017.
- • 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- • 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- • 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- • 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- 2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
- €9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
- €13.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Scholarships can be extended to the second year of the program, as long as the students meet the required standards, namely 27/30 average of marks and a total of 40 credits of passed exams in the fall session of the academic year 2017/18.
- • May 12, 2017 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
- • June 6, 2017 – Communication of results to participants
- • June 13, 2017 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Design – Interior Design