NASF Scholarships Award, USA is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
NASF Scholarships Award for Undergraduate and Graduate Students, USA
Applications are invited for NASF scholarship award program for the 2015-2016 academic year. Both national and international students can apply for these scholarships. Scholarships to college juniors, seniors and graduate students are offered in the amount of $1,500. Candidates must demonstrate academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities. The applications deadline is December 9, 2015.
Subject Offered: Scholarships are awarded in the field of chemical engineering, material science or engineering, chemical engineering, material science or engineering.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students attending an accredited college.
Participating Institution(s): The National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF), USA
- The scholarship award is available to both undergraduates and graduates.
- Undergraduate applicants must be junior standing or above when applying and must be of senior standing for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be studying in chemical engineering, material science or engineering, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, environmental engineering, or chemistry.
- The applicant must be attending an accredited college.
- There are no geographic limitations. Both national and international applicants are urged to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: Both national and international students can apply for these NASF scholarships.
Scholarship Benefit: Undergraduate and Graduate awards are $1,500.00 USD.
Selection Criteria: Applicants are judged on the four major factors: (1) academic record, (2) personal statement, (3) working experience, and (4) extracurricular activities. Note that if an applicant proposes a research project, make sure to clearly state the project objective, approach, and anticipated results.
Notification: The AESF Foundation will notify the award winners by December 31, 2015.
Application Procedure for NASF Scholarships Award, USA
Application Procedure: Application packages (including a completed application form and all requested materials) should be mailed. An applicant need to include the following in an application:
- -A statement describing the applicant’s career objective and an intended plan of study and/or research in plating and surface finishing science and engineering (Limit: 2 typed pages).
- A resume detailing the applicant’s academic achievements (Limit: 2 typed pages).
- Two recommendation letters from professors and, if working in a company, employers. Note that one letter must be from an academic advisor.
- An official copy of the most recent undergraduate or graduate transcript (to be sealed by the academic institution where the applicant attends).
Please note: All documents must be in English or have an English translation attached.
Undergraduate Scholarship Application
Graduate Scholarship Application
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is December 9, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about NASF Scholarships Award, USA
The National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF)
is a trade association whose mission is to promote and advance a sustainable future for the North American surface finishing industry. The association represents the business, technical and scientific, and educational interests of the industry as well as the advocacy efforts of the surface technology community in North America. The AESF Foundation is part of the NASF and focuses exclusively on the technical, education and research programs that reflect innovation in the field.
NASF’s educational foundation remains committed to helping undergraduate and graduate students interested in studying chemical engineering, material science or engineering, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, environmental engineering or chemistry. Scholarships to college juniors, seniors and graduate students are offered in the amount of $1,500. Candidates must demonstrate academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities. Awards will be given for the 2015-2016 academic year.