NASP PhD Scholarship in Political Science in Italy, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Political Science taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for Network for the Advancement of Social and Political Sciences (NASP) PhD Programme in Political Studies for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships are open to Foreign students to pursue PhD programme.
The POLS doctoral program aims to form not only young researchers who can engage in international academia but also professional figures able to undertake research, provide consultancy, coordinate and manage private research centres, think tanks, and political and economic organizations, both private and public, in regional, national and international contexts.
The Association aims to promote the development of political science in Italy; the encounter and collaboration of scholars of the matter; the coordination of institutional structures for teaching and research; the professional protection of its members.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Political Science.
Scholarship of 16.350 Euro (gross) per year, renewable up to a maximum of three years.
Number of Scholarships:
NASP offers 7 PhD positions covered by scholarships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Candidates in possession of a second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale), an equivalent qualification or a qualification equivalent to the level of studies (Master’s Degree) awarded by a foreign university, may apply to take part in the competition for admission to the doctoral research program, as per the article above. The suitability of the foreign academic qualifications in terms of content is evaluated by the Examining Committee set up for admission to the PhD course, in compliance with the regulations in force in Italy and in the country in which the academic qualification was issued, and with the international treaties or agreements on the recognition of qualifications for the purpose of continuing studies. Candidates who have not yet completed their second cycle (Magistrale) degree may also apply. In this case, candidates who are admitted into the PhD course are required to obtain the required qualification by 31 October 2017, on penalty of not being admitted. In order to be admitted to the competition, applicants are required to demonstrate at least Level B2 proficiency in the English language, as certified by an officially recognized certifying body, under the terms of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The English language certificates must have been awarded no earlier than three years from the date of application unless the specific certification is valid for a different period.
Foreign students are eligible to apply for these positions.
The following documents (no larger than 10 MB) must be uploaded (in pdf .rtf or .jpg format) to complete the online admissions procedure:
- Diploma supplement, issued by the University in accordance with the standards set by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES; alternatively, a degree certificate in Italian or English from the candidate’s home university showing exams taken, respective grades and credits and showing the statistical distribution of the exam marks for their respective study course. This document is not required of graduates/final year students of the University of Milan as it will be obtained as a matter of course;
- CV, describing any professional experience and other qualifications held by the applicant;
- Research project (using Form 1 attached hereto);
- One of the certificates listed in art. 2 attesting to the candidate’s proficiency in the English language at level B2 at least, or a declaration of their exemption from this requirement, pursuant to said article, drafted according to Form 4 attached hereto;
- Copy of passport (foreign applicants only);
- List of publications (if any);
- Application for online interview (use Form 3 attached hereto)
The application deadline is September 4, 2017.