NEADS National Student Awards for Disabled Students, Canada is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
NEADS National Student Awards for Disabled Students, Canada
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) is pleased to offer to National Student Awards for Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who have permanent disability. Scholarship is available for pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. The National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS), has the mandate to support full access to education and employment for post-secondary students and graduates with disabilities across Canada. The NEADS National Student Awards Program is offered to encourage full access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities, who often have greater barriers to participation in higher education, as well as extra costs because of their disabilities.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in all subjects.
Participating Institution(s): National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS), Canada
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load.
Nationality: Canadian citizens can apply for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a permanent disability.
Scholarship Benefit: The awards are paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study. The value of awards are as follows:
-NEADS National Student Awards (6, $3,000 each)
-NEADS Holly Bartlett Memorial Award (1, $1,000)
-NEADS Christine Nieder Memorial Award (1, $1,000)
-AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship (2 at a value of $5,000 each)
Supporting Material: All of the documents listed below are required in order for applications to be accepted. All documents must contain the student’s name and/or student number.
- The completed application form submitted online.
- Proof of current post-secondary enrollment. Acceptable documentation includes one of the following:
Letter confirming registration status from the registrar, or
A copy of student account that lists current courses, or
A class schedule
- Proof of permanent disability, supporting documentation includes one of the following:
documentation showing receipt of provincial and/or federal disability assistance, or
letter confirming the disability from an official at the university or college service centre for students with disabilities, or
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A recent academic transcript (unofficial transcripts, or academic histories, will be accepted)
- A Community reference form
- An Academic reference form
Application Procedure for NEADS National Student Awards for Disabled Students, Canada
Application Procedure: To apply it is necessary to submit online scholarship application form.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2016.