NEC C&C Foundation-Grants for Non-Japanese Researchers at Saitama University in Japan, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of communications technologies, Electronic-device Technologies taught at Saitama University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for NEC C&C Foundation – Grants for Non-Japanese Researchers at Saitama University in Japan for the year 2018. Non-Japanese researchers are eligible to apply for this grant.
The aim of the scholarship is to privately finance international students to study in Japan.
Saitama is known for its well-developed industries and cultures, well -balanced urban and natural environment and convenience. At SU, all academic departments and graduate schools are located on a single campus. The geographical proximity naturally exposes students to multiple fields of academics and enables them to form diverse human networks.
Grants are available to pursue research.
These grants are awarded in the following fields:
- Grants are awarded in C&C fields (information-processing technologies, communications technologies, electronic-device technologies) or related technologies. Target research fields C&C fields and related technologies
- C&C fields include those on information-processing technologies, communications technologies, electronic-device technologies, as well as fields that combine those technologies.
Related technologies include generally applied technologies in the C&C fields.
Grants of 125,000 JPY value will be awarded one year from April or October 2018.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a student in a doctoral course at a graduate school in Japan at the start of the grant period (April or October 2018).
- The applicant must be a non-Japanese citizen who is engaged in research in the aforementioned C&C or related technology fields. (In principle, the applicant should not be older than 40 years old.)
- The applicant must be pursuing outstanding research.
- Economic necessity will be considered.
Non-Japanese researchers are eligible to apply for this grant.
(1) Recommender: The academic adviser of the grant applicant
(2) Documents to be submitted (to be filled out in Japanese)*
(i) A letter of recommendation for the grant applicant
(ii) A profile of the grant applicant
(iii) Supplementary explanatory materials (if considered necessary by the recommender)
(3) Application procedures:
Send the above documents both by post and by email for screening purposes. Note that only the postal version needs a photo and personal seal. Also, the email version must be in Excel format (not PDF).
(4) Application deadline No later than Friday, September 29, 2017. (Applications delivered in person or applications sent only by email will not be accepted.)\(5) Addresses to send the letter of recommendation Post: NEC Head Office, 7-1, Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8001
Email: gaikoku-at-candc.or.jp NEC C&C FOUNDATION Masanobu Hashimoto, Executive Director.
Grant application deadline is September 29, 2017.