NEF Research Grant Programme for Asia-Pacific Region is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
2016 Asia-Pacific Region NEF Research Grant Programme
Nagao Natural Environment Foundation is awarding NEF research grant programme to support academic and scientific research. Nationals of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region can apply for this research grant programme. With the aim of strengthening research capability of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers to upgrade their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work. The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting nature conservation in developing countries. Since its establishment, the Research Grant Scheme has supported researchers from research institutions mainly in the Asia-Pacific region. In order to be eligible applicants must be able to communicate in English.
- The NEF Research Grant Programme supports academic and scientific research.
- The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two years.
- Research project must be carried out in the applicant’s country.
Applications are accepted from applicants who meet the following criteria:
- An applicant must be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region; be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the countries listed on 3. Target Countries and Regions below; have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; and
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
Eligible Nationalities: National of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region can apply for this research grant programme.
The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
- An applicant must be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region; be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the countries listed on Target Countries and Regions.
English language Requirements:
- In order to be eligible applicants must be able to communicate in English.
Documents Requirement: Applicants are required to submit the following items. Instructions for application preparation and application form are available at the website
-a completed application form; and a recommendation letter.
- All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (secretariat-at-nagaofoundation.or.jp) in MS Word or PDF or by fax (+81-3-6659-2272). If e-mail access or fax is unavailable, hard copies can be sent by post.
- Application deadlines are 18th April 2016 and 17th October 2016 which are twice a year.