Netherlands Erasmus School of Economics Excellent Student Waiver 2018 is open for International Students The scholarship allows Masters, Bachelor level programm(s) in the field of taught at Erasmus University Rotterdam The deadline of the scholarhip is .
Scholarship Description: The Erasmus University Rotterdam is inviting excellent students from non-EEA countries at the School of Economics. The maximum award of the waiver consists of a tuition fee waiver for the academic year 2018-2019.
Erasmus School of Economics is an internationally renowned institute that contributes scientific knowledge to future economic issues and aims to answer currently relevant issues of concern to government and firms.
About University: Erasmus University Rotterdam is a public university located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The university is named after Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s or master’s programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered at the School of Economics.
Scholarship benefits: The maximum award of the waiver consists of a tuition fee waiver for the year 2018-2019. Resulting in a tuition fee equal to the statutory fee for the academic year 2018-2019. Applicants who are awarded this waiver will therefore not themselves directly receive a sum of money.
Eligible Ntionalities: Students from non-EEA countries are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to qualify for financial support under the provision for the individual waiver for excellent students from non-EEA countries, an applicant:
- Must comply with the general conditions laid down in the second paragraph of article 1.2 of the EUR’s Profiling Fund Regulations, while a prospective student must be enrolled by no later than 1 September of the academic year for which he/she has applied for a waiver and must comply with the residence requirements;
- Must comply with the specific requirements laid down in article 5.1 of the EUR’s Profiling Fund Regulations;
- Must be a national of a country that does not belong to the EEA;
Additional conditions prospective students
- Must be selected for one of the following programmes: Bachelor International Econometrics and Operational Research; Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics or Bachelor BSc² Econometrics/Economics
- Or admitted for one of the following programmes: Master Accounting, Auditing and Control; Master Econometrics and Management Science and Master Economics and Business
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her prior education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.5 (or the equivalent) on a grading scale of 1-10, during their prior education. For these purposes, prior education means:
For prospective bachelor students: secondary education
For prospective master students: the previous bachelor study
- Must send in a complete bachelor or master application before 1 February 2018;
- Must participate in the mathematics test in February 2018 or March 2018 if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure (only applicable to prospective bachelor students);
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this single reduction on tuition fee will enlarge your opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including detailed financial information (including supporting bank statements) to prove your ability to support yourself for the remaining tuition fee, the living expenses and health insurance;
- Must have completed their visa application before 15 May 2018. Completing the visa application consists of paying the tuition fee, living costs and immigration costs. For more information please see the immigration procedures for prospective students.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Procedure: The applicant needs to send the following documents:
- Personal statement
- Financial document
- Certified GPA statement confirming your obtained GPA in your prior education (only applicable for prospective students)
The applications should be sent via email.
Deadline: February 1, 2018