NEW ANTI-TERROR STRATEGY is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .NEW ANTI-TERROR STRATEGY
(compiled and rearranged from NO RADICAL SHIFT IN NEW ANTI-TERROR STRATEGY DAWN 6.7.13)
Militancy and terrorism has claimed over 48000 lives and cost the national exchequer more than $60 b over the past 10 years. the outgoing PPP government adopted 3D strategy-
3.deterrence- which hardly bore any tangible results.
A brief of the yet to be unveiled counter terrorism policy by the incumbent PMLN govt. shows that it would have five
elements making it more comprehensive as against the "mono-faceted approach" of the last regime which exclusively relied on the use of force. this new policy will be presented by PM on July, 12 at all parties conference (APC).
these five elements include:
dismantle, contain, prevent, educate, reintegrate.
1. strengthening security forces.
2. strengthening anti-terror laws.
3. police reforms.
4. improved intelligence sharing.
5. improved border management.
6. putting in place effective threat perception mechanisms.
7. integration of military action with civilian follow up.
2.contain & 3.prevent:
1. beefing up security infrastructure.
2. improving emergency response in the event of terrorist attacks.
3. victim management.
4. speedy justice.
5. revision of curricula.
6. review of foreign policy.
1. countering extremist propaganda.
2. promoting an alternative view to "blinkered andbigoted" interpretation of islam.
3. media campaigns against violence.
1. dialogue with jihadi organisations that are ready to renounce violence.
2. engage captive former militants and terrorists.
THE DRAFT EXPLAINS REASONS BEHIND THE RISE IN MILITANCY:
1. u s sowed the seeds of jihadi networks during war against communism in 80s.
2. extremist ideology preached at medressahs.
3. media propaganda.
4. proxy wars carried out by foreign spy networks in the region.
these factors created an "enabling environment" for the rise in militancy.
facilitating/ environmental factors include:
1. acceptance of violence in the society.
2. indifference of the political parties to the problem.
3. existence of terrorist sanctuaries in the country.
4. inappropriate role of religious forces(ulemas).
5. international linkages.
6. weak judicial system.
7. inadequate anti-terror laws.
8. unequal application of available laws.
9. disparities in educational system.
WHAT IS MISSING?
1. no mention of drone attacks as a factor responsible for the rise in militancy by creating an element of sympathy for the insurgents.
2. among environmental factors rampant povrty and bad governance are nowhere to be seen.