Norway Arctic University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Linguistics 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research, Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
UiT The Arctic University of Norway is inviting applications for One Postdoctoral Research Fellowship within Linguistics. This fellowship is available for international students.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship aims to qualify the researcher for work in senior academic positions. A candidate may not be appointed to more than one fixed term position as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the same institution.
UiT The Arctic University of Norway is a medium-sized research university that contributes to knowledge-based development at the regional, national and international level.
Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral Research programme.
Fellowship is awarded in the field of within Linguistics.
The remuneration for this position is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1352. A compulsory contribution of 2% to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund will be deducted.
This fellowship is available to international students.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The position as Post-doctoral Research Fellow requires a Norwegian doctoral degree in Russian Linguistics or another relevant field or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognised as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Native or near-native proficiency in Russian is a requirement, as well as academic proficiency in English. Priority will be given to candidates with background and/or publications in cognitive linguistics and/or proficiency in computational linguistics.
- The applicant must provide a project proposal with a progress plan for the project’s main activities. It is a prerequisite that the applicant will be able to complete the project within the period of employment.
- In the assessment, the main emphasis will be attached to the submitted works and the project proposal for the qualifying work. Emphasis shall also be attached to experience from popularization/dissemination and academic policy and administrative activity.
- Personal suitability will be emphasised.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The application must be submitted electronically via the application form available on www.jobbnorge.no and shall include:
- Letter of application
- Project description
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- Diplomas and references
- List of works and description of these. The list of works shall contain the following information:
- author(s), the work’s title
- for articles: the journal’s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- for publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages
- Up to ten works that are central to the applicant’s academic production. The applicant’s PhD thesis should be submitted as one of these works.
July 3, 2018