PhD Positions in Population Genetics for International Applicants, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Over the past years, Vienna has developed into one of the leading centres of population genetics. The Vienna Graduate School of Population Genetics has been founded to provide a training opportunity for PhD students to build on this excellent on site expertise.
They invite applications from highly motivated and outstanding students with a background in one of the following disciplines: bioinformatics, statistics, evolutionary genetics, functional genetics, theoretical and experimental population genetics. Students from related disciplines, such as physics or mathematics are also welcome to apply.
- Evolution of gene expression
- Understanding thermal adaptation
- The impact of new transposable element insertions on adaptation to a new environment
- Wolbachia infection dynamics in evolving Drosophila populations
- The adaptive value of diversity produced by recurrent whole genome doubling
- Epigenetic variation in Arabidopsis
- Genetic footprints of adaptive introgression
- New methods for modelling and analysis of data from experimental evolution
- Maximum likelihood inference of population genetic parameters using genome-wide data from nearly neutral sites
Only complete applications (application form, CV, motivation letter, university certificates, indication of the two preferred topics in a single pdf) received by January 08, 2017
will be considered. Two letters of recommendation need to be sent directly by the referees. Accepted PhD students will receive a monthly salary based on currently EUR 2.045,10 before tax according to the regulations of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
All information about the about available topics, the training program and the application procedure can be found here.