PhD Research Fellowship in Mineral and Rock Physics at University of Oslo in Norway, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Mineral and Rock Physics taught at University of Oslo . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Norwegian Research Council is delighted to offer its PhD Research Fellowship in Mineral and Rock Physics. The fellowship is available for international students.
The aim of the fellowship is to unravel the nanoscale dynamics of fluid-rock interactions and friction at mineral interfaces.
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees.
Fellowship is available to pursue a PhD research program.
Fellowship is awarded in the field of Mineral and Rock Physics.
: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The fellowship is for a period of up to 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work.
- Position code 1017, NOK 436 900 – 490 900 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent in Geophysics with experience on topics, such as: Rock physics, Mineral physics, Atomic scale processes, Ab initio simulations.
- The position requires a strong background and interest on:
- Numerical modelling (ab initio, molecular dynamics).
- Laboratory experiments.
- Data analysis using Matlab or Python programming.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and in a structured manner. In addition, the applicant must have the capability of cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Teaching geomechanics, rock physics, mineral physics, earthquakes physics.
- Priority will be given to candidates with multidisciplinary experience, including teaching experience, data analysis, and modelling.
- In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be given to:
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications in order to execute the project.
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training.
- The applicant’s mobility.
- Good communication and collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities.
International Students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Applicants can apply via online:
- The application must include:
- Application letter.
- CV (summarizing education, positions, and academic work – scientific publications).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of English proficiency.
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The application deadline is September 25, 2017.