Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for 4-year PhD Scholarship in Tumour Biology at Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute in Australia. Scholarships are awarded to Australian Permanent Resident, International students, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, Australian Citizen and New Zealand Citizen.
Scholarship Provider: The Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley and Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD program.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Tumour Biology: Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute. Possess a relevant post-graduate (Honours or Masters) university degree, this may include, but is not limited to the fields of genetics, molecular cell biology and/or biochemistry.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship worth $27,082 per annum (2018 RTP rate) is available.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are awarded to Australian Permanent Resident, International students, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, Australian Citizen and New Zealand Citizen.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to commit to four year tenure, full-time enrolment.
- Be located in Western Australia
- Possess a relevant postgraduate (Honours or Masters) university degree, this may include, but is not limited to the fields of genetics, molecular cell biology and/or biochemistry.
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experience with molecular biology techniques, including western blots and cell culture.
- Provide evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a research team.
- Meet Curtin University’s PhD entry requirements: https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/apply/admission/
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should email an expression of interest to Associate Professor Pieter Eichhorn (pieter.eichhorn-at-curtin.edu.au)and include:
- Cover letter (including a brief background of your current studies and academic achievements, interest in the area and personal goals related to the research)
- Academic transcripts
Please use the subject header:
Application: PhD Scholarship in Tumour Biology
This scholarship is subject to approval of admission at Curtin in the HDR course.
We reserve the right to commence short listing immediately. Screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Deadline: December 31, 2018