PhD Scholarship for International and Australian Students at University of Newcastle in Australia, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Health Sciences taught at New Castle University Australia, University of Newcastle . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Newcastle is offering PhD Scholarship in Advancing Occupational Health and Safety Management to study in Australia. This scholarship is available to International and Australian candidates.
The overreaching aim of establishing the University of Newcastle was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, an Australian public university established in 1965, has its primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarship is awarded in Advancing Occupational Health and Safety Management. This research aims to investigate Advanced OHS Management through one of the following areas: Accident causation, prevention and management; Organisation safety behaviour; Organisational safety culture; High-Reliability Theory or Resilience Engineering.
The value of this scholarship is $26,288 p.a. and is for three years for a PhD, with a possible six-month extension, or two years for an MPhil. Overseas student health cover and tuition fees will also be provided for the tenure of the scholarship if the successful candidate is an international applicant.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Honours class one; or a combination of qualifications, publications and research experience deemed Honours class one equivalent by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The successful candidate will hold an undergraduate degree in one of the following: OHS, Health Sciences, Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Construction, Mining, or a related field with a strong interest in OHS. Candidates experienced in quantitative or mixed method research will be viewed favourably.
- This scholarship is available to International and Australian candidates.
This scholarship is available to International and Australian candidates.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (in the form of a single pdf attachment) by email to manikam.pillay-at-newcastle.edu.au.
Expressions of interest should include the following:
- A cover letter that includes a brief statement of the applicants suitability
- A CV including two academic referees and research output if applicable.
- An academic transcript
- A research proposal (four pages maximum)
Scholarship application deadline is 5th November 2016.