PhD Scholarships at Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) in Spain, 2017 is open for International Students The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Economics taught at Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) The deadline of the scholarhip is .
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) at the University of Barcelona is offering PhD Scholarships for September 2017 intake. Funding is provided initially for three years, followed by a possible extension of one year.
The University of Barcelona (UB) offers students the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics taking part of an international PhD programme in the vibrant city of Barcelona.
The University of Barcelona School of Economics is the centre for research and postgraduate education in economics at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Barcelona (UB). Its mission is to build a reputation for internationally excellent research in major fields of economics.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered at the School of Economics.
The yearly gross amount of the stipend is 16.400€ (Salary comes with full social security benefits). The scholarships also cover PhD tuition fees and travel grants for conferences.
University y is looking for students who have graduated after 2013 and who aim at enrolling on the PhD program in Economics (University of Barcelona). The candidates must have a Master in Economics completed by summer 2017 and apply to the PhD program in Economics, University of Barcelona.
Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Only complete applications will be considered. Candidates must:
- Apply to PhD program in Economics
- Submit a statement of purpose to ieb.calls-at-ub.edu indicating in the title of the message ‘PhD Scholarships’
Application documents (one pdf file) uploaded to the application form in this order:
- BSc transcript of grades
- MSc transcript of grades (provisional or final version)
- Proof of English level (not compulsory if you are from or have studied in an English-speaking country)
- GRE test result (not compulsory)
- Letter of motivation
- Master dissertation (If you are currently working on your Master dissertation or it is not in English, Spanish or Catalan please send an extended abstract in English, typically 3-5 pages)
(i) Two letters of recommendation will be automatically requested to the referees indicated in the online application form.
The application deadline is June 6, 2017.