PhD Scholarships in Human Geography at University of Melbourne, Australia 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Human Geography taught at University of Melbourne . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The School of Geography at the University of Melbourne is delighted to offer full-time PhD scholarships to work on a project that is exploring how new digital technologies are transforming how people work and move in cities. The scholarships are open to both domestic and international applicants.
These scholarships form part of an Australian Research Council-funded project that is investigating how new digital on-demand ways of moving people, goods and services in cities—often referred to as the ‘gig economy’—are dramatically changing the power relations between consumption and production, creating wide-ranging and uneven social, political and economic risks and opportunities yet to be comprehensively understood and responded to.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 33 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016).
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded in Human Geography.
The candidates will receive a stipend of A$26,916 per year for three years, with a possible 6-month extension. Candidates will also receive funding support from the School during their candidature for field work expenses and to attend conferences.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must have completed (or be completing in 2017) a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component, or be regarded by the University of Melbourne as having an equivalent level of attainment; and intend on undertaking a full-time research higher degree in 2018. The scholarships are open to both domestic and international applicants.
The scholarships are open to both domestic and international applicants.
Please submit an application to Associate Professor David Bissell by email which comprises the following:
- A one-page expression of interest outlining the disciplinary, theoretical, methodological and practical expertise and experience you will bring to the research project.
- A CV containing the following information:
- Personal details (name, address, email and phone contact)
- Your tertiary (university) qualifications
- Current study (if applicable)
- Evidence of your research ability and qualifications to undertake a Ph.D., including where applicable:
- Details of original research, such as a thesis, dissertation or research project (not coursework essays or assignments)
- Research methods subjects/units completed
- Any research experience you may have had in your employment
- Any research publications, such as in refereed journals, conferences papers, books with original research, and research reports in industry
- Scholarships or awards received, including where and when you received the award
- Names, position and telephone contacts for two referees who can comment on your research abilities.
- Copies of university academic transcripts.
Applications must be received by the close of business on October 6, 2017.