PhD Scholarships in Newcastle University for UK EU and International Students 2014 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
PhD Scholarships in Newcastle University for UK EU and International Students 2014
New £500,000 Doctoral Training Awards Scheme
The Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering at Newcastle University is investing in 25 Doctoral Training Awards to the value of £500,000.
We are seeking the very best candidates wishing to conduct research in topics spanning nine key research themes: Biomedical Engineering, Cloud Computing for Big Data, Digital Interaction, Earth Systems Engineering, Energy, Food Security, Materials, Medicinal Chemistry, Synthetic Biology.
Each award is:
- Set at the fixed sum of £20,000 per year
- Available for a maximum of four years (£80,000)
- Open to home, EU and international students
The following PhD projects have awards available to applicants. Further information on each project, eligibility criteria and how to apply can be found by clicking on the project titles below:
- Will Catchment Scale Afforestation for Mitigating Flooding Significantly Reduce Water Resource Availability and Productive Farmland?
- Multiscale Modelling and Experimental Characterisation of Biofilm Mechanics
- Nano-tomography and Nano-machining
- Attribution of Climate Risks in Urban Areas for the Design of Adaptation Pathways
- General Love Waves for Biomedical Sensors
- A System Approach to Evaluation of Resource Efficiency and Reduction of Environmental Impact in Intensive Livestock Farming
- Micro-machined Biomedical Implants
- Identifying Causes of Failure in Explanted Hip Prostheses
- Towards Algorithmic Living Manufacturing (TALIsMAN)
- The Potential Environmental Impacts and Social Acceptability of Genetic Changes in Livestock Traits
- Idiopathic Lumbar Kyphosis in Pigs and its Association with Genetics and Nutrition
- Vulnerability of Shallow Groundwater and Surface Water Resources used for Irrigation in Rural Communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to Climate Variability and Change
- Experimental and Numerical Investigation in Dual Fuel Semi-supercritical Injection
- Urban Sustainability through Integrated Data Analytics
- Application of Thermal Energy and Electrical Power Storage to Local Energy Systems
- From Sediment to Rock - The Role of Microbes in Early Lithification of Sabkha Sediments
The deadline for completed award applications is Monday 18 August 2014.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application