PhD Student Position in Plant Biotechnology at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea,2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Biotechnology taught at Ghent University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of junior assistant, starting from 28/08/2017. It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of max. 4 years.
The aim of this position is to provide financial help to international students.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Position is awarded in Plant Biotechnology within the Department of Environmental Technology, Food Technology, and Molecular Biotechnology.
Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (GUGC-K) has a vacancy for a position of junior assistant, starting from 28/08/2017. It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of max. 4 years.
Number of Scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Profile of the candidate
- Hold or expect to hold by starting date a master degree in one of the following disciplines: Bio-engineering; Biochemistry/Biotechnology or Biology. Exceptional candidates from other science/engineering backgrounds will also be considered.
- Have a strong molecular biology and biotechnology background, a good knowledge of plant biology and plant physiology and have prior experience with basic plant handling, growing, and phenotyping.
- Be highly motivated to conduct research in the area of plant biotechnology, more specifically regarding cell elongation.
- Have a solid academic track record, an excellent command of English (a minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT test), and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with (assisting to) teaching in an international setting is a plus.
International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Applications should be sent no later than 07/07/2017 by email to (Stephen.depuydt-at-ghent.ac.kr) with application letter, CV, copies of degrees, and an overview of the study results attached. Please merge all documents into one PDF file. A PDF version of the master’s thesis might be requested at a later stage. The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application. Please mention ‘Full Time Junior Assistant’ in the subject line of the mail.
Application deadline is July 7, 2017.