PhD Studentships for International Students at University of Manchester, UK, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Social Sciences taught at University of Manchester . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Manchester is now accepting applications for PhD studentships to pursue the full-time and part-time course in 2018-2019. Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester.
Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programmme.
Studentships are awarded within the School of Social Sciences. This funding is available to students undertaking study in Economics, Philosophy, Politics, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics and Sociology.
Studentships will cover the followings:
- Home Fees
- £14,296 annual stipend (to be confirmed
- Students can claim for certain research expenses from the Research Training Support Grant.
Candidates must normally have;
- Bachelors (Honours) degree (or overseas equivalent) at 2:1 level or above in a cognate subject, and
- Normally a Masters degree at 65% overall average with minimum 65% in the dissertation and with no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant cognate subject, preferably one with a substantial research methods component. Transcripts will be carefully scrutinised to ensure that applicants have the required background.
- Note; due to the volume of applications received each year, and limited spaces, regrettably offers cannot be made to all applicants who satisfy the academic entry criteria.
- All applicants who pass the initial assessment stage will be interviewed before any offer is confirmed.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
The mode of applying is online. Full online application which must include;
- Research proposal
- Two academic reference
- Degree certificates and transcript
- Name of preferred supervisor (to be included on the application form)
The application deadline is February 3, 2018.
PhD Studentships for International Students at University of Manchester, UK, 2018 is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Manchester.