Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Victoria in Canada, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Victoria . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Victoria’s Department of Indigenous Education (Victoria, Canada) is delighted to offer limited term Postdoctoral Fellowship position. The appointment is for one year, with the potential for extension for a second year.
The project is supported by the Social Sciences and Hum anities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) through a Partnership Grant.
The University of Victoria offers innovative programs for more than 20,000 students. Dynamic, hands-on learning, research that makes a vital impact, and discovery and innovation in Canada’s most extraordinary academic environment provide an Edge that can’t be found anywhere else.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
This Partnership works to understand and enhance Indigenous adults’ contributions to reviving Indigenous languages in Canada.
The position is salaried at $48,940 per annum and available after June 1, 2018, until filled.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Completed a PhD in a discipline relevant to Indigenous language revitalization, including but not limited to education, linguistics, anthropology, public health, language assessment, etc. Ideally, but not necessarily, the PhD will have been completed in the four years immediately prior to the start.
- Lived experience in an Indigenous community
- Knowledge of an Indigenous language
- Demonstrated research experience related to Indigenous language revitalization, adult language learning, or similar fields
- Participation in the community?based and community?driven projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent communication skills
- Willing to work or regularly meet on site at UVIC (negotiable)
- International applicants: Interested applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada will need to apply for a work permit and/or visa in order to come to Canada for their fellowship. Obtaining these documents is the applicants’ responsibility and the process can take up to several months or more be depending on where you are from.
Qualified candidates should send (by email, as the PDF attachment) the following materials:
- A cover letter addressing the eligibility requirements
- A statement of research intent related to the research themes, max. 2 pages
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of two (2) references, including contact details (reference letters will be required for final decisions)
- Two (2) writing samples (published or unpublished) that best exemplify your scholarly work, along with an explanation of your role in each sample.
Questions related to the application processor position can be addressed to netolnew-at-uvic.ca.
Please send application materials electronically to netolnew-at-uvic.ca.
April 30, 2018