Postdoctoral Fellowships at Europe College in Romania 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Postdoctoral Fellowships at Europe College in Romania 2015
, New Europe College is offering up to four postdoctoral positions within the ERC-CoG 2014, Project no. 646489. Applicants will work on the project Luxury, Fashion and Social status in Early Modern South-Eastern Europe. Positions are available for a period of 2 years, with a monthly gross salary of 2000 euro. The winning candidates will sign a contract with the Host Institution (New Europe College), contract will be drafted in accordance with the provisions of the Romanian Labour Law. The application deadline is October 15, 2015.
New Europe College-Institute for Advanced Study Bucharest in Romania.
Within the project, 4 postdoctoral positions will be available for the following themes of research:
-The luxury goods trade in the Ottoman Empire and the Balkans in the 17th and 18th centuries
-Regional identities and forms of segregation in Early Modern South-Eastern Europe
-Social Elites in South-Eastern Europe
-Fashion and gender in Early Modern South-Eastern Europe
Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme at the New Europe College.
A successful candidate should have:
- a PhD in a relevant historical discipline
- excellent knowledge of 2 foreign languages (preferably English and French). Knowledge of Greek, Turkish or Russian would be an asset
- experience in archival research
- capacity to work both as a creative and independent researcher, and as part of an interdisciplinary international team
- capacity and willingness to collaborate across academic disciplines
Romanian and international citizens can apply for these postdoctoral positions.
What does it cover:
Four postdoctoral positions can be offered for a period of 2 years, with a monthly gross salary of 2000 euro. The winning candidates will sign a contract with the Host Institution (New Europe College). The contract will be drafted in accordance with the provisions of the Romanian Labour Law.
The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection process by the 15th of November. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview by skype at the end of November/beginning of December. The final results will be known by the 15th of December, 2015. Those selected will be expected to occupy the positions starting with February, 2016.
How to Apply:
The application file should be sent by email. Application procedure information Applicants should send the following documents (in English):
- a letter of intent
- a curriculum vitae (with a recent photo)
- certified, scanned document(s) proving that the applicant holds a PhD title
- a list of publications
- a 1000-word research design proposal (in Microsoft Word or pdf format), in which the applicant presents his/her ideas about one of the projects’ themes. Please specify on the upper side of your proposal for which specific theme you are applying.
- 2 original letters of reference (in English or French) from academics familiar with your work and explicitly supporting your application for this position. Candidates are asked to enter in the Subject field of their e-mail message: “Application for NEC-ERC LuxFass post-doctoral position”. Please be aware that incomplete or late application files will not be taken into consideration
The application deadline is October 15, 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application