Postdoctoral Position at University of Ghent in Belgium, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of taught at Ghent University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Ghent is offering the postdoctoral position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The project will aim to characterize how transcriptomic and epigenetic changes in mucosal immune cells upon intestinal colonization with a commensal virus provokes a state of trained immunity in the colonized mice and in their offspring.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Position is awarded in Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology.
This position offers:
A 4 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary.
The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute.
The candidate will be embedded in a competitive international research group of about 10 highly motivated (and very nice) people that work together as a team.
The lab is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe.
Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with mouse models, flow cytometry, cell culture, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Andy Wullaert.