Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in ICT Systems at University of Oslo in Norway is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in ICT Systems at University of Oslo in Norway
A position in Information and Communication System is available at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo. This is awarded to Norwegian and foreign applicants to undertake postdoctoral programme.University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related areas. A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students, PhD research fellows and postdoctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English.
Degree Level: Fellowship is provided for postdoctoral programme.
Subject Offered: Fellowship is tenable in ICT Systems at University of Oslo.
List of Subjects: Information and Communication System (Project “iResponse”)
Scholarship can be taken at: Norway
Eligibility: Eligibility criteria is:
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. The candidate for the fellowship will be selected in accordance with this, and is expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related areas.
- Applicants should have strong analytical skills, and interest in designing, building and evaluating innovative approaches and ICT solutions. Applicants should also have skills in the implementation and management of research projects, writing of research papers (workshops, conferences, journals) and an ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Good English language skills (written and spoken) are required.
- Experience on environmental issues related with urban sustainability, crowdsourcing, big data and machine learning would be considered as an advantage.
Eligible Nationalities: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related areas.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognized tests
-TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
-IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
-Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
-Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test, or a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
Supporting Material: The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records
- Complete list of publications and academic work and up to five highlighted publications that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references who have been asked to send reference letters.
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Scholarship Benefit: Scholarship includes: Position code 1352, Pay grade: 60 – 65 (NOK 510 100 – 560 700 per year).
Application Procedure for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in ICT Systems at University of Oslo in Norway
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: Application deadline is 1st March, 2016.