Postdoctoral Scholarship at Lund University in Sweden, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of Medical Sciences taught at Lund University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Lund University is now accepting applications for Postdoctoral Scholarship for November 1st or according to an agreement. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to international students in Netherlands.
Lund University is one of Europe’s leading universities. Here, history and tradition lay the ground for the study and research environments of tomorrow. We offer education and research within engineering, science, law, social sciences, economics and management, humanities, theology, fine art, music and theatre.
Scholarship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Scholarship is awarded to the Department of Experimental Medical Science.
Information regarding post doc scholarships at Lund University
- The scholarship amounts are paid quarterly.
- The scholarship follows the regulations laid down by the University Vice Chancellor (LS 2010/68, A13).
- The scholarship is intended for the holder’s own education/professional development and does not constitute remuneration for work or another service that has been carried out or will be carried out on behalf of the University.
- The scholarship does not give any entitlement to sickness benefit, parental allowance, holiday pay or pension.
- The host faculty/department and the scholarship holder shall draw up in writing an agreed plan for the studies/development.
- The Scholarship holder is to be informed about the length of the stay, assured social conditions, and continual review of the scholarship holder’s development.
- The Scholarship holder is to be informed about insurance covering the scholarship holder and the need to check his/her own insurance requirements.
- The scholarship holder is to be treated equally to students/researchers in the same situation but with different sources of funding.
- The scholarship holder is to be assured and to contribute to a good working environment.
- The Scholarship holder is to be informed about the risk of possible retrospective taxation in Sweden in cases where the scholarships are administered and paid out by LU and the scholarship holder gains employment at LU shortly after the period of the scholarship.
- There may be a risk of the scholarship holder being taxed in his/her home country; the scholarship holder should investigate this before the period of the scholarship.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
We are seeking a highly motivated person with a PhD in a relevant area and at least one first authorship publication. Excellence in molecular biology and state of the art histology. A strong background in neurodegeneration or energy metabolism is a merit but not necessary. Excellence in the English language (written and spoken) is a prerequisite.
Necessary Qualifications: –
- PhD (or equivalent) in cell and molecular biology, physiology or biotechnology from no more than three years ago.
- Ability to carry out independent and high-quality research as documented through the thesis and peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with data handling and analysis, including statistics
- Experience with state-of-the-art in vivo modelling, including behavioural assessment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in English – Experience in mentoring and/or supervision
International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Application must state the reference number V 2017/1216 should be sent to HR Coordinator by e-mail: Sofia.Sonnerstedt-at-med.lu.se . Applications shall be written in English and submitted online. The following documents need to be submitted together with a cover letter: CV with: contact information for three references, proven record of quantitative research skills and performance, e.g. academic publications, reports; and evidence of mentoring experience.
Scholarship application deadline is September 30, 2017.