Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Greenwich in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Postgraduate, Masters, PhD, Mphil level programm(s) in the field of Engineering, Bioinformatics, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
University of Greenwich is inviting applications for Postgraduate Research Scholarship within the Faculty of Engineering & Science. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The University of Greenwich is a British, United Kingdom-based university. It has three campuses in London and Kent, England. These are located at Greenwich, in the grounds of the Old Royal Naval College, and in Avery Hill and Medway. The University of Greenwich has been ranked among the 200 institutions with the most global outlook and named one of the “most international” universities on the planet by Times Higher Education magazine.
Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate research programme.
Scholarship is awarded within the faculty of Engineering & Science under the Project Title: Bioinformatician: Evolution of whiteflies belonging to the Bemisia tabaci species complex.
Bursary available (subject to satisfactory performance):
- Year 1: £14,553
- Year 2: In line with RCUK rate
- Year 3: In line with RCUK rate
In addition, the successful candidate will have their tuition fees paid for a period of three years. Scholarships are available for three years from the date scholars first register as an MPhil/PhD student with the university. Scholarships are available for full-time study only and applicants must meet the programme entry requirements.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Education and Training:
- 1st Class or 2nd class, First Division (Upper Second Class) Honours Degree or a taught Master’s degree with a minimum average of 60% in all areas of assessment (UK or UK equivalent) in Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- For those whose first language is not English and/or if from a country where English is not the majority spoken language (as recognised by the UKBA), a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 (in all elements of the test) or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test is required, unless the degree above was taught in English and obtained in a majority English speaking country, e.g. UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc, as recognised by the UKBA.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience of undertaking research (e.g. undergraduate or taught master’s dissertation)
- Master’s degree (UK or UK equivalent) in Bioinformatics
- Previous experience working on Unix/Linux batch systems
Proficiency in Perl or Python and R E Personal Attributes:
- Understands the fundamental differences between a taught degree and a research degree in terms of approach and personal discipline/motivation
- Able to, under guidance, complete independent work successfully
- This scholarship may require Academic Technology Approval Scheme approval for the successful candidate if from outside of the EU/EEA
- A 1 page research outline describing how you would approach this topic
- The scholarship must commence before 29 September 2017
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
All applications must include the following information. Applications not containing these documents will not be considered.
- Scholarship Reference Number (Ref)– included in the personal statement section together with your personal statement as to why you are applying
- A 1 page research outline describing how you would approach this topic*
- A CV including 2 referees *
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTs/English Language certificate if you are an international applicant or if English is not your first language or you are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency *
- *upload to the qualification section of the application form. Attachments must be a PDF format.
Scholarship application deadline is June 28, 2017.