QuEnG Doctoral Scholarship at University of Grenoble in France, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Mathematics, Computer Science, Philosophy, Social Sciences taught at University of Grenoble . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Grenoble is now accepting applications for QuEnG doctoral scholarship programme available to outstanding candidates to apply for university’s three-year interdisciplinary PhD program “Quantum Engineering Grenoble” (QuEnG) in France. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The QuEnG program aims to foster a local ecosystem for quantum technologies, building on the unique concentration of expertises, know-how, and resources of Grenoble area.
Quantum Engineering Grenoble aims to foster an ecosystem for quantum technologies, connecting science, the humanities and entrepreneurship. Building on the unique concentration of expertises in Grenoble, our project will train outstanding students to become the future quantum engineers. Grenoble Alps University is a public university in Grenoble, France. It is the third largest university in France with about 45,000 students and over 3,000 researchers.
Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
The students of the program will work together to address current challenges of quantum technologies, at the interface between physics, computer science, mathematics, industry, philosophy and social science.
Scholarships will be attributed on the following topics:
- Quantum hardware,
- Quantum software,
- Qubit/photon interface,
- Quantum sensing,
- Energetic and Entropic footprints of quantum processing,
- Societal and philosophical aspects of quantum theory and quantum technologies,
- Along the lines of the project Quantum Engineering Grenoble
Salary: From 1769 euros/month (without teaching) to 2100 euros/month (with teaching) before taxes, with additional research grants ranging from 5 k€ to 40 k€.
Applicants have to meet the following main criteria:
- Outstanding or excellent Master’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Capacity or good previous knowledge in Quantum Computing, Quantum Technology, Philosophy or Sociology of Science, Mathematics.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicants must have built a PhD project corresponding to one of the work packages described in the QuEnG project [lien vers le project].
- Download the PhD program application form.
- With the help of your thesis supervisor, you must fill in this application form with all requested details
- Applicants must contact us at greque-at-neel.cnrs.fr in order to inform us of your intention to apply to the PhD program. We will make sure your application matches the program requirements.
- Save as PDF each document: Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas….
- Merge all these PDFs into one single PDF file
- Send by email this that final PDF file to greque-at-neel.cnrs.fr before 2017, October 5, 11:59 am (Paris time).
- Applicants must request (at least) two recommendation letters based on the template included at the end of the application form (section F). These letters must be sent by your referee himself/herself directly to greque-at-neel.cnrs.fr before 2017, October 5, 11.59 am (Paris time).
- Selected students will receive convocation for the interview and instructions to prepare their travel and stay in Grenoble. All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered for 3 days/2 nights. This will provide enough time to each applicant to visit their hosting laboratory and to finalise their oral presentation together with their future thesis supervisor. Non-selected applicants will receive a short feedback report within 2 weeks.
Scholarship application deadline is October 5, 2017.