Research Awards of IDRC fo Canadian and Developing Countries Students 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Research Awards of IDRC fo Canadian and Developing Countries Students
, Applications are invited for IDRC Research Awards to undertake a one-year paid program for research on the topic they submitted when competing for the award. 10 awards will be offered during this competition, for a twelve-month period, from January to December. Scholarship is open to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries pursuing a master’s or a doctoral degree at a recognized university or who have completed a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university. The last date of submission of application is August 6, 2015
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in Canada.
Awards are available to study one of the following programs: Agriculture and Food Security, Climate Change, Employment and Growth, Food, Environment, and Health, Foundations for Innovation, Governance and Justice, Maternal and Child Health, Networked Economies, Policy and Evaluation and Think Tank Initiative.
These awards are intended for field research in one or more developing countries.
Scholarship can be taken at:
Candidates proposing field research in the following countries or territories, even if recommended by the evaluators, must go through a further stage of approval within IDRC: Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, Congo (Democratic Republic of), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Small Island States [including Comoros, Mauritius, São Tomé and Principe, Seychelles, Timor-Leste and Oceania (Cook Islands, Fiji, Nauru, Kiribati, Palau, Marshall Islands, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna)], South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at a recognized university at the master’s or doctoral level or have completed a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university. These awards may be part of an academic requirement.
- Applicant proposed research must focus on one or more developing countries.
- Candidates cannot receive any other Canadian government scholarship, award, subsidy, bursary, or honorarium, or hold any federal government contract in support of a research/work project for the duration of the award.
- If applicants are a non-Canadian residing, relocating, or studying in Canada and are recommended for an award, you will need a valid work permit before working at IDRC.
Scholarship is open to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries.
What does it cover:
Salary for one year: CA$39,797-CA$46,070. For payroll purposes, awardees are considered as full-time employees of IDRC. Benefits include Employer contributions to Employment Insurance, Employer Health Tax, Canada Pension Plan, and paid vacation leave. Some travel and research expenses are also supported, up to a maximum of CA$15,000.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- fit with IDRC mission and thematic prioritie
- relevance to IDRC mandate
- relevance of the research and training proposal to the chosen IDRC’s program’s specifications overall appropriateness, completeness, and clarity of the research and training proposal
- overall feasibility, duration, and timing of the research
- originality and creativity of the research
- gender implications of the research
- ethical considerations of the research
- the applicant’s capacity to conduct the proposed research and training, including academic training, local language capacity, and related experience
- whether the applicant has received another IDRC award (Candidates cannot receive more than one IDRC award in a given year.)
Results for the Research Awards competition are available in late November 2015.
Applicant should complete the application online.
The last date of submission of application is August 6, 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Canada