Research Fellowships and Engineering for Development Research Fellowships in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Engineering taught at Royal Academy of Engineering . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Royal Academy of Engineering is pleased to offer Research Fellowships and Engineering for Development Research Fellowships to study in the UK. There are no nationality restrictions, but where an applicant applies from outside the EU, the host institution will be responsible for securing the necessary work permits.
It is aimed at enabling outstanding early-career researchers to establish an independent research career. Applicants will need to be hosted by a UK higher education institute/university.
Engineering is at the heart of our nation and our future, transforming ideas and materials into global infrastructure, products, and services that in turn increase the wealth and health of our economy and society.
Fellowships are available to pursue research.
The RAEng Research Fellowships are designed to promote excellence in engineering.
Research Fellowships are designed to support successful candidates for a five-year period (or pro rata for part-time equivalent) by providing 80% of the full economic costs of the research program. The host institution is to provide the remaining 20%.
Number of Scholarships:
It is anticipated that nine to twenty Research Fellowships will be awarded.
An Eligibility criterion applies to both RAEng Research Fellowships:
- Research Fellowships must be held at a UK Higher Education Institute in an engineering department or in a department that can show it is capable of fully supporting an engineering-focussed research project and researcher
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to make contact with the host institution and gain the formal approval from the relevant Head of Department prior to submitting an application
- The proposed research project must be in an engineering subject area. Engineering is defined in its broadest sense, encompassing a wide range of diverse fields
- These Research Fellowships are aimed at early career researchers. Applicants must have been awarded their PhD Certificate no more than four years prior to the submission deadline, Wednesday 6 September 2017. If applicants have had maternity/paternity leave or other extenuating circumstances, this will be taken into consideration and negated if the relevant dates and detail are provided within the application
- PhD students are eligible to apply but must have been awarded their PhD before they start the Research Fellowship or the offer will be withdrawn
- The applicant must not hold a permanent academic position (lecturers are not eligible)
- Research Fellows are required to devote all their working time to the Research Fellowship and it must be the applicants only source of employment
- There are no nationality restrictions. The host institution will be responsible for securing all necessary work permits
- Applicants who have applied to this scheme before and were unsuccessful are eligible to re-apply. The applicant can decide whether to re-submit their proposal or apply with a new proposal
- All Research Fellowships must commence between 1 August 2018 and 30 November 2018, unless the Academy advises otherwise
- There is a limit on the number of applications each host institution can submit and applications which do not come within this limit will be rejected (please read Application limit on the How to Apply page for more information). The standard number of applications is THREE per host institution for this 2017/18 Call. Institutions/universities are likely to have an internal selection process that applicants must find out about
- Any applications that are incomplete or do not adhere to the guidelines may be rejected.
There are no nationality restrictions, but where an applicant applies from outside the EU, the host institution will be responsible for securing the necessary work permits. Applications will be assessed on the assumption that you have obtained the necessary permit.
Applications must be submitted via the online grant system. Please read the How to apply page before attempting to complete an application.
The deadline for all applications is 4 pm on Wednesday, September 6, 2017.