Research Scholarship for Foreign Students at Estonian Institute, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters, PhD, Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of taught at Estonian Institute . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Estonian Institute is offering a scholarship for foreign students to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it. The scholarship is intended to cover the living expenses, tuition fees, and research-related expenses.
The purpose of the activity is to support the studies and research of the international students and researchers interested in the Estonian language and culture in Estonia, by thus contributing to the exchange of knowledge and making Estonia more visible.
The scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Education and Research from the funds allocated to the Archimedes Foundation (hereinafter: the Foundation) for that purpose.
The Estophilus scholarship may be applied for by the international master students, PhD students and post-doctorate researchers from universities abroad while staying in Estonia for conducting research or collecting material about Estonia.
Scholarship is awarded to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it.
The amount of scholarship is 500 euros per month. The grantee is provided with an extra travel grant, which amount is given in the scholarship guidelines.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The purpose of the activity is to support the studies and research of the international students and researchers interested in the Estonian language and culture in Estonia, by thus contributing to the exchange of knowledge and making Estonia more visible. The activity results in increased number of studies related to Estonia and of the students interested in the Estonian language and culture.
- The scholarship may be applied for by the foreign national’s master students, PhD students and post-doctorate researchers from universities abroad while staying in Estonia for conducting research or collecting material about Estonia. When applying for the scholarship, the Estonian language proficiency is an advantage but not a requirement. The applicant must be the end-user of the scholarship.
- The scholarship is intended to cover the living expenses, tuition fees, and research-related expenses. All other costs have to be covered by the applicant (incl costs for visa or residence permit). The amount of the scholarship is 500 euros per month for all the grantees. The Board may grant a scholarship for up to 10 months.
- The scholarship period is the period from the first day of tuition until the last day of tuition according to the dates brought out in the confirmation letter of the host institution. The duration of one scholarship period cannot be shorter than 30 days.
- The scholarship is paid only for the period of stay in Estonia. The absence from Estonia during the scholarship period has to be coordinated with the Foundation.
- The grantees have the opportunity to divide the scholarship period into two parts if dividing the period is necessary due to conducting research or studies. For example, in case of scholarship period of three months, it is possible to divide it between different semesters (e.g. 60 days in autumn and 30 days in spring). In case the time of staying in Estonia takes place in several parts, the scholarship period is added up.
- The grantees are required to have a supervisor from Estonian research or development institution while applying for the scholarship. The Estonian supervisor has to own a research grade and holds competence for supervising the research.
This scholarship is available for foreign students.
The scholarship applications along with all the required annexes are submitted electronically in Estonian or in English. The application system can be found at www.archimedes.ee/taotlused. The possibility to submit applications opens one month before the announced deadline.
The applicant must timely submit the following documents to the Foundation:
- Formal application;
- Research plan;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof that the applicant is MA or PhD student or a document verifying the PhD degree;
- Recommendation of the research supervisor from MA and PhD students;
- Confirmation of the Estonian supervisor about the acceptance of the candidate and confirmation of his/her preparedness of supervising the candidate. In the Estonian written confirmation, the receiver must briefly describe the research topic and justify the importance of the research for Estonia.
Deadlines for the applications are October 1, 2017.
Research Scholarship for Foreign Students at Estonian Institute, 2018 is available to undertake Masters, PhD, Post Doctorate level programs at Estonian Institute.