Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Small Grants Programme 2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Tropical medicine, Global Health taught at Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene is offering the Small Grants Programme 2019. This program is open to anyone in their early career (guidance provided below), from any nationality based anywhere in the world.
Purpose of the grants is to enable early career researchers and global health professionals in the field of tropical medicine or global health to undertake clinical or scientific research or fieldwork, as stand-alone projects or distinct elements within a larger project.
Scholarship Provider: The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, more commonly known by its acronym RSTMH. it has been dedicated to improving tropical medicine and global health.
Degree Level: The scholarship is open for a research degree program.
Available Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of tropical medicine or global health.
Scholarship Benefits: The maximum RSTMH small grant awarded is £5,000 (including VAT).
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be early in their career. Guidance for this is below, we do not define this in terms of years of work or study
- Have a clear research plan for which they are seeking support
- Ideally be employed by, or affiliated to an organization, though we will consider applications from those not affiliated or employed
- Demonstrate limited alternative sources of funding
- Have access to adequate supervision Have the appropriate insurance to carry out the research Hold a registered bank account
- Be an RSTMH
- Applications can be submitted from non-members but, if successful, winners would need to join RSTMH
- Have not received an RSTMH small grant in the last two years
- Submit only one application for a small grant per year
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- Be full and complete
- Be submitted through our online system by the deadline of midnight GMT on 15 April 2019
- Not be for retrospective work
- The application must be supported by two referees, one of which should be a senior member of the employing organization.
- The other should be the applicant’s direct supervisor or mentor. Referees should assess and should comment on:
- The feasibility of achieving the project aims with the resources defined in the application
- The relevance of the project to your research and/or career development
- The benefit of the project to the wider community
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://rstmh.submittable.com/submit/134860/rstmh-small-grants-2019