Sandwich PhD Scholarship Position at University of Groningen in Netherlands, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Groningen . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Demography Department of the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen and the Institute of Sociology and Demographic Research of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Rostock is delighted to offer Sandwich PhD scholarship position “Living environment and health”.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
The available sandwich PhD scholarship position is linked to the overall research topic “The living environment and health”.
The scholarship you would get at the University of Groningen is about € 1,750 euros per month. The scholarship you would get at the University of Rostock is about € 1,500 euros per month. In addition, you would get a personal budget of € 3,250 euros to spend on data, conferences, language editing, and printing of your PhD thesis. If you want to take courses which are relevant for the research this will also be paid (up to a certain maximum).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A (Research) Master’s degree in a field of study relevant to the topic of “Living environment and health” (e.g. population studies, demography, geography, epidemiology, public health)
- Excellent study results and CV
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; preferably experience in academic writing
- Preferred previous experience with health/mortality research
- Preferred previous experience with geographical information systems
- Strong conceptual thinking with the desire and capacity to relate theoretical topics to practical challenges and solutions
- Strong motivation, good communicative skills, proactive and independent work.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The mode of application is online.
Applicants may apply for this position the until November 15, 2017.