Scholars Awards at University of Columbia in Canada 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholars Awards at University of Columbia in Canada 2015
for Canadian and International Students offered by University of British Columbia (UBC). International students can apply for these awards, These awards are available for PhD students who are interested in explicitly linking their doctoral work to an arena of public benefit and integrating broader and more career-relevant forms of scholarship into their doctoral education process. Funding is available for up to 50 students in 2015-16. Up to $10,000 per student is available to support innovative dissertation scholarship which the student would otherwise be unable to pursue. The last date of submission of application is May 15, 2015.
University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada.
Public scholars may be said to engage in scholarship that entails mutually beneficial partnerships of university knowledge and resources with those of the public and private sectors to contribute to the public good through: enriching knowledge, scholarship, creative activity, intellectual curiosity, and wonder; enhancing curriculum, teaching and learning; preparing educated, engaged citizens; and/or addressing and helping solve critical problems.
Awards are available for pursuing doctoral dissertation program at University of British Columbia.
-PhD students in years 1-5 (for both initial and second year of funding, if applicable).
-Canadian, permanent resident and international students can apply for these awards.
Canadian and international students can apply for these scholarships..
Selection will based on the following criteria:
- Student’s past accomplishments and future promise. Breadth of interest and accomplishment will be important, as well as an indication of the student’s fit with the proposed project.
- Quality of proposed scholarship. The following factors will be taken into account: the work requires a high level of expertise in a discipline(s) and/or methodology; the goals are clearly defined, realistic, and identify important questions; adequate preparation for and understanding of the subject is indicated; appropriate methods are proposed to achieve the goals; plans to document and disseminate the work are appropriate and effective and the work has significance and is likely to contribute positively to the public good
- Need for alternative funding sources.
- Consideration will also be given to breadth of the initiative across disciplines.
Applicants will be notified of the results of the adjudication by the second half of June.
Applications should be submitted via email. Student applications must include the following information, for submission to Ms. Lisa Pountney by May 15, 2015:
- Name, student number, contact information, PhD year, and program
-Student’s statement of purpose (maximum 1 page)
- Student’s CV (CCV)
- Research proposal, including summary of research to date if applicable (maximum 2 pages)
- Letter of support and engagement from supervisor. Please address student’s capability to engage in the proposed work and your approach to supporting the student’s goals relevant to the Public Scholar initiative.
For students requesting funding, please also include:
- Amount requested, proposed use of funds, and budget within funding period
- If stipend support is requested, please include: current funding, with source(s); indication of other scholarship applications made since start of PhD program and explanation of why current stipend support is unavailable or insufficient
- If an external collaborator is involved: their name(s), organization, contact information, and a letter of support from them
The application deadline is May 15, 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Study in Canada