Scholarship for Developing Countries Students at IRRI in Philippines is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Research Position in Social Sciences for Developing Countries Students at International Rice Research Institute in Philippines 2013
: Subject is Social Sciences.
: This Scholarship programme is available for research program.
: International Rice Research Institute.
Scholarship can be taken at
: - BS Agriculture, Agricultural Economics or related field
- At least five (5) years experience in socio-economic household survey, data validation and data processing
- Good to excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
The Scholarship is open for developing countries students.
The successful candidate will assist the senior research manager in research work and in collecting necessary data and relevant information to meet research objectives of the project “NIA-IRRI Joint Research on Volumetric Pricing.” She/He will conduct farm level interviews in the study sites and assists in identifying problems and solutions during the conduct of farm surveys. She/He will assist in the editing, encoding, processing of the data collected through farm interviews that will lead to the establishment of the data base for the project. She/He will also assist in the data analysis and preparation of the report of the findings of the study.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning of socio-economic and water management surveys in three sites in Isabela and Cagayan
- Assist in coordinating local NIA and IA officials farmer cooperators in preparing for the farm level surveys
- Conduct surveys by interviewing farmer cooperators, to collect information on rice production practices; water management practices and other related information using the tablet
- Edit and validate completed surveys
- Assist in the establishment/development of the project database
- Process, analyze and transform primary data for economic analysis
- Assist Senior Research Manager and Adjunct Senior Scientists in the preparation of progress and completion reports of the project for submission to the donor
- Assist Senior Research Managers in the preparation of research papers for presentation in workshop/conferences
How to Apply
: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline
: Do submit your applications till 12/19/2012.
Further Scholarship Information and Application