Scholarships for Developing Countries in Malaysia 2014 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarships for Developing Countries in Malaysia 2014
Universiti Sains Malaysia is inviting applications for TWAS-USM fellowship program available for developing countries’ scholars (other than Malaysia). Fellowships are available for pursuing research at postgraduate and postdoctoral level at the Universiti Sains Malaysia. USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. The application deadline is 15th September 2014.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics) at the Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Fellowships are available for pursuing research at postgraduate (PhD) and postdoctoral level at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
- Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- -Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- -Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
- -Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
- -Hold a Master’s/PhD degree in a field of natural sciences.
- -Provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) USM to TWAS. Requests for Preliminary Acceptance Letters must be directed to the Dean, Institute of Postgraduate Studies, USM who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- -Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- -Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
- Citizens of developing countries (other than Malaysia): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these fellowships.
- Applicants must submit the Preliminary Acceptance Letter from the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS), USM when applying to TWAS or by the deadline at the latest. Therefore, please apply for the Preliminary Acceptance Letter to the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS), USM well before 15 September. Without preliminary acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection. Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS and USM. The subject line must contain: USM/ PDoc/the candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. Applicants to the TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and USM (by email).
The application deadline is 15th September 2014.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application