The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme is a grant funded by the Scottish Government, specifically in order to create opportunities for young women in Pakistan to be able to pursue higher education at the post-graduate level. The scheme aims to facilitate and provide assistance to young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities.
- The British Council Pakistan will administer the Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme in Pakistan and coordinate with the selected scholars for their tuition fee, subsistence and related issues.
- The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will facilitate the award-holders with the following incentives:
- Tuition fee for the Masters courses
- University hostel costs
- Subsistence to the award-holder
- Travel to and from home to the university, three times in a year
- The award will last the duration of the proposed Masters’ programme.
- This will not cover MPhil or PhD courses.