SIU-ICCR Joint Scholarships for Developing Countries in India, 2017 is open for Developing Countries . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at India Universities, Symbiosis International University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Symbiosis International University (SIU) and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) are offering a joint scholarship program to foreign students from developing nations. Scholarships are awarded to an undergraduate and a postgraduate student in a full-time program conducted by any of the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International University.
Symbiosis International University is a private coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It has been given official recognition by the UGC and the AICTE.
English Proficiency Test is mandatory for all the foreign nationals/ OCI/ PIO applicants of Symbiosis International University where English is used as the medium of communication and instruction.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time undergraduate and a postgraduate programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship covers full tuition/ academic fee waiver and accommodation and food stipend as per SIU-ICCR norms. The average value of the scholarship depends on the program undertaken by the student at the Institute.
Number of Scholarships:
Undergraduate Program – 01
Postgraduate Program – 01
Eligibility Criteria: SIU–ICCR Joint Scholarship is only for ‘Foreign Nationals’ of developing countries (Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders are not eligible to apply for this scholarship). The student must
- Hold a valid foreign passport
- Have obtained more than 75% as a qualifying grade in 12th Std. (in case of Undergraduate programs) and 60% of a qualifying grade in Graduation (in the case of Postgraduate programs).
Eligible Nationalities: Deserving foreign national students from developing countries are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: For admission & scholarship for programs, please write to Prof. Anita Patankar, Deputy Director, Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE), Symbiosis International University. The following criteria will be applicable for evaluating the application:
- Academic Transcripts to support the record of sustained academic excellence.
- Statement of Purpose: A description of yourself, highlighting personal qualities, assets and liabilities that you feel will influence your education. Describe what you feel is your most important professional/academic achievement till date. Your goals & objectives of studying at Symbiosis International University (SIU). How will the University benefit have you as a student? (Word Limit 1000 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation: The letter must be written by a teacher/ Principal who knows the student for a period of at least two years. The letter must mention the capacity and the duration in which he/she has known the student. The letter should attest the student’s character, capabilities and the track record of achievements and excellence through leadership roles. The recommendation has to be on the School / College/ Institute letterhead and duly signed along with the official stamp and seal of the School/ College/ Institute.
- Specific Eligibility Criteria: Students must verify the specific eligibility for a program for which he/she is applying including English language requirement.
Deadline: Contact Employer