South Africa Fully Funded Wits-TUB Urban Lab Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships 2018-19 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of the Witwatersrand . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: For the year 2019, the new Wits-TUB Urban Lab Interdisciplinary Bilateral Postgraduate Studies Programme is now available on offer in the School of Architecture and Planning. Scholarships are open to South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
The bilateral Wits-TUB Urban Lab programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-Saharan Africa.
Wits is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: The masters scholarships apply to the following 1 year full time degrees at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by a bilateral programme with TU Berlin:
- MSc Development Planning (MSc DP)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities – MUS (SEEC)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Housing and Human Settlements – MUS (HHS)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Politics and Governance (MUS – UPG)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (US)
Scholarship Award: The master’s scholarship covers the duration of one academic year. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract stipulating the conditions of the scholarship.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living expenses including: subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
- Costs of Summer/Spring School in Berlin
Nationality: Scholarships are open to South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Number of Scholarships: 5 Master scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholarships are open to:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
Language Requirements: The University of the Witwatersrand is an English medium university. International students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency.
Application Procedure: Please send the completed application form to the following email address: lebo.skhosana-at-wits.ac.za.
Every applicant has to fill in the first basic application form before they can access the full form. The whole application process (including online access to the application form) is found at: https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- The University of the Witwatersrand is an English medium university. International students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency. Please refer to the URL above for further information.
- Applications for admission to postgraduate degrees at Wits University for South African and international students for study in 2018 close 30 September 2018. The ‘person number’ provided upon application for admission must be included in the scholarship application form.
- Applicants whose previous degrees were obtained at a university outside South Africa must have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). This process may happen in parallel to submission of an application for admission.