South Africa: Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
South Africa: Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
The Tshwane University of Technology is awarding full-time postgraduate scholarships for the academic year 2015-2016. These scholarships are open to unemployed South African and international students, but preference will be given to all South African citizens. Masters scholarships are valued at R50 000 per annum and doctoral scholarships are valued R70 000 per annum (tuition fees excluded) for one year only. The application deadline is 7 April and 20 May 2015.
- Candidates pursuing their studies or research in areas such as social and human sciences, economic and management sciences, natural and applied sciences and engineering and technology and all other disciplines.
- South Africa: Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students are available for pursuing master’s and doctoral proramme at the Tshwane University of Technology.
- Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa is providing these Scholarships.
-Only available to unemployed full-time students
-Open to South African and international students, but preference will be given to all South African citizens who qualify
-TUT Scholarship will only be awarded in the first year of study (All students are expected to apply for external scholarships for the second, third or fourth year of their studies).
-Students will only be considered for a second year of funding in exceptional cases and where evidence of rejection by the external funder has been presented
-Students must have obtained a minimum average of 65% in their previous studies to qualify for a scholarship (in deserving cases, the FCRI may motivate for South African students who obtained an average of 60%-64% to receive scholarships)
-Must comply with in-house faculty criteria
-Not for a second Master’s or Doctoral degree
-Not for students doing their third year of Master’s or fourth year of Doctoral studies
-Students must be prepared to sign an agreement with the institution and adhere to the submission date of the full proposal and completion of degree
-Students who receive government scholarships (e.g., NRF, MRC, Mandela-Rhodes, TUT-CSIR, etc.) only qualify for a top-up as stipulated in the agreement of the external funder. However, faculties may pay for their tuition as an incentive rewarding their efforts of securing external funding
-Faculties and departments may top up non-governmental scholarships with FCRI or DCRI funding, but the amount should not exceed R200 000 per annum (top-up can range from R10 000 to maximum R20000 per student per annum)
-Students may be appointed on a 12-hour basis as postgraduate teaching assistants (PGTAs), but only six hours may be contact tutoring or lecturing.
How to Apply:
- South African and international students can apply for these scholarships.
- The Tshwane University of Technology is pleased to announce that full-time TUT Master’s and Doctoral scholarships are available to unemployed postgraduate students for 2015. Candidates pursuing their studies or research in areas such as social and human sciences, economic and management sciences, natural and applied sciences and engineering and technology may apply (open for all disciplines).
- Scholarships are awarded for one year only.
- -Master’s degree: R50 000 per annum (tuition fees included) for one year only.
-Doctoral degree: R70 000 per annum (tuition fees excluded) for one year only (faculty will pay first year’s tuition fees)
Please contact the faculty to ensure that the relevant postgraduate degree is available before applying. Application forms should be sent by post which can be obtained from the department or the faculty research officers. Incomplete application forms will not be processed.
The South Africa: Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
application deadlines are 7 April and 20 May 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Share this Scholarship for others