SSMS Scholarships for Pakistani Nationals 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
SSMS Scholarships for Pakistani Nationals 2016
The Government of the Punjab is offering Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) for Pakistani students. SSMS scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. degree programme at the top-ranked universities in the world. Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan. The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well. Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Scholarships are offered for Ph.D. level education at the top-ranked universities in the world.
- Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- List of Subjects: Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities/Arts
- Ph.D. Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding & Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Air Fare
Scholarship can be taken at Abroad
Eligibility Criteria: Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS
- Valid Ph.D. admission offer from Top 50 (Subject wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas.
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-
- Age limit (at the time of application) should not be more than 35 years
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani Nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: Pakistani nationals are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have valid Ph.D. admission offer from Top 50 (Subject wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Documents Required: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials
- Copy of valid admission offer for Ph.D. for fall 2016 intake
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form)
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone)
- Attested copy of domicile
- Three passport size photographs
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application
Application Procedure: Applications should be sent by post.
Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2016.